Document Management: Collating
You wouldn't save every page you type as a separate file, so why not save that 20 page document as one collated digital copy. Follow these simple instructions to find out how...........
1) From the Start menu open PaperPort
2) In the top toolbar select the Scan icon (fig 1)
3) On the left column on the screen:
a. From the scanner drop down menu, select your Product (Fig 2)
b. Select the document type you would like to scan, either Document or Photography
c. Click on the Settings link and select the Output tab (Fig 3). From the File Type dropdown menu, select PDF and then select Ok
d. Click the Scan button. The Scan Manager function will now open (Fig 4)
4) Place your documents face up in the ADF scanner
5) Using the Scan manager function, select ADF/ Multi-page from the drop down menu
6) Click the Preview button and wait a few seconds to see how your scanned document will appear
7) If you are happy with the preview of your document then click the Scan button. If you would like to make some amends before you begin a final scan then this is also possible by using the options to the right of the preview. You may want to crop in on a certain part of your document, or remove boarders for example.
8) When you have finished click the Exit Button and then click Done
You will now be able to see your documents collated into one file on the PaperPort desktop. Your documents will be stored within a folder at: Mydocuments/PaperPortDocuments